The Loneliest Jukebox

Graham Barnfield's weblog, being gradually replaced by his Twitter feed - www.twitter.com/GrahamBarnfield

Graham Author Page

Saturday, December 11, 2004

Random musings

This might be a good time to ensure that readers take any of last week's postings with a pinch of salt. I was probably off my face with pain half the time, so any typos or lapses of judgment can be blamed on that. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

I'm still recuperating from an operation in my bachelor pad. Colleagues from work brought me some shopping. Mucho gracias - Tesco tiger loaf, there's a nice type of bread. And what's this in the Grauniad? A friendly review of Where Have All the Intellectuals Gone? Maybe Rushbridger was on holiday last week.

At the moment I'm reading The North of England Home Service by Gordon Burn. Phoenix Frights. It's grim up north. Also Words at War by Howard Blue - dramatising anti-fascism on the ether. I'm looking forward to Dave Chandler's new book, already getting good reviews. By the time I start fretting over whether I was too soft on the film Real Women Have Curves (unlike a fellow reviewer), it's time to go back to bed. And take life one step at a time.

A final question: if I only blog random scribblings while the general anesthetic wears off, what's the excuse for bloggers who do it all year round?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home