The Loneliest Jukebox

Graham Barnfield's weblog, being gradually replaced by his Twitter feed - www.twitter.com/GrahamBarnfield

Graham Author Page

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Washington post

I'm currently in D.C., hence the lack of recent postings as I concentrate on the non-virtual world. But my film review of Kinsey appears here. Meanwhile Leicester crashed out of the FA cup unceremoniously, not long before I toddled down to a sports bar to watch the game, showing on time-delayed video tape (as opposed to going in a bar at 8am, which is a bit decadent even for me). Like that classic Likely Lads episode I tried to avoid hearing the score. Needless to say, first someone blabbed it and I saw Paul Dickov's killer penalty through the bar window while the landlord finished making the tape. No way was I paying a $10 cover charge for that.

Tomorrow I'm off to see Ruth Price discuss her new book, The Lives of Agnes Smedley.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home