The Loneliest Jukebox

Graham Barnfield's weblog, being gradually replaced by his Twitter feed - www.twitter.com/GrahamBarnfield

Graham Author Page

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Oh my god, they killed Teddy!

The other day I was stranded in St. Margaret’s bus station in Leicester. It’s not the first time and it probably won’t be the last – thank you, National Express. Faced with two hours of boredom on a Monday night and having just read the BBC’s new survey results in the build-up to its Charter Review - more on that later - I also read a comic, for the first time in years. It was called ‘Infinite Crisis’ or something. The Blue Beetle (Ted Kord), whose own DC comic was launched back when I was a teenager working in a comic shop, gets killed in the first issue. It’s not a great loss to me, but someone out there must be a bit upset. Pow! Headshot. Dead. A bit different to the innocent slapstick of the 1980s relaunch of the character, never mind the 1960s original.

If you followed my comments on Ruth Price and Agnes Smedley a while back, Price herself has put out a short commentary on the response to her new book. Read it here.
Reference:

"Agnes Smedley: On Proving What Her Worst Enemies Had Claimed (Much to My
Regret)" By Ruth Price 4-11-05: History News Network
http://hnn.us/articles/10945.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home