The Loneliest Jukebox

Graham Barnfield's weblog, being gradually replaced by his Twitter feed - www.twitter.com/GrahamBarnfield

Graham Author Page

Monday, May 30, 2005

Media snips

Tuesday sees the launch of my Policy Watch reply to the DCMS Green Paper on the BBC's Charter; a PDF is available from this web page from Tuesday. Sunday saw a strange interview in the Sunday Telegraph on happy slaps (again); I'm struggling to remember saying some of those quotations, to put it mildly. I'm going to have to start filming and recording all my transactions and movements now, like Lee Evans' character in Freeze Frame. I also set the record straight with Doug Henwood of Left Business Observer after a brief cameo on his discussion boards; here's his reply:
What the deuce?

Do you mean to say sir that my purchase of a US Dept of Homeland Security
certified 'Slap Zap' personal anti happy slap defense system (complete with a
Lockheed Martin avionics derived heads-up, color coded threat alert display to
give the wearer advance warning of impending slap assaults) was completely for
nothing!?

Next, you'll be telling me the plague of Satanists terrorizing Christian daycare
centers I read so much about only a few years ago is also much ado about nothing.

Damn.

Quite.
Best of all, Saturday saw my mate Mant married: try saying that when you're drunk (which I was). Congratulations!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home